Sunday, June 29, 2014

~ The Empty Nest update and Feeling a little Blue....Napoleonic Blue that is!~

Happy Sunday friends!
I'm back to share with you what has been happening at 
The Empty Nest.
Busy...busy...busy!
Lately I have been feeling a little blue......
NAPOLEONIC BLUE
that is!!
A few months back my shop ladies base coated this dresser in Napoleonic Blue.
And then it sat....and sat....and sat!
I just was not feeling it....loved the color but it needed something...something bold and graphic.
Now I am not exactly Bold and Graphic when I paint.
However this bold blue was demanding more than wax and distressing.
STRIPES!!!
Big Bold and Colorful 
STRIPES!
Even on all the drawer sides!
and you know what.......
I LOVE IT!!!
One lady came in to the shop and thought it was a giant grosgrain ribbon draped over the top.
I am hoping someone else falls for it as hard as I have.
PS.....honored to have this painted piece featured in this weeks blog post by Chalk Paint® fan and amazing graphics lady extraordinaire..
Many thanks Leslie!
I have been a little 'bottled' up about something else also...
Altered vintage bottles!!!
We have been having so much with European lace, auction score jewels and 
Chalk Paint® decorative paint by Annie Sloan and her other paint products like 
Craqueleur and Decoupage.
LOVE this small lace cuff that fit this little old milk bottle perfectly, just like a small corset!
Antique looking crazing anyone?
LOVE this Chalk Paint® product!!!
I used Annie's Decoupage to fix the paer rose graphics to the bottle.
Yes....we painted right on the glass...and it waxes beautifully!
A little distressing over the raised wording and some vintage bling...gorgeous! 
Lovely
I used Annie sloan's Decoupage to adhere the lace and fabric to the bottle
and it worked great!
One of my favorites...Kress Dairy Farm bottle
with jewels and paper roses.
Hope this has inspired you to get creative!
I have some fun news coming up soon so be sure to come back and visit again!
Until then....be kind and stay creative.

                                                                   

No comments: